August 26, 2011

Broken Bells

At a crowded Chipotle recently with a friend, I heard faint echoes of a song over the restaurant speakers, drowned out by crowd noise.  I knew it was a song I loved and wanted to make sure I had it.  It was too noisy for SoundHound to pick it up, and so the melody went on echoing in my head, haunting me for days while I tried to place it. When I finally figured out it was The High Road, Broken Bells first single, I remembered I never got around to unboxing it here.


James Mercer of The Shins came together with Danger Mouse & Sparklehorse (Mark Linkous) for a track on their Dark Night Of The Soul project- currently at the top of my want list.  Mercer and Danger Mouse went on to finally record and release their first album as Broken Bells in early 2010, with two charting singles.

B-sides from those two singles were released with two new tracks as the EP Meyrin Fields- also on my want list. The track An Easy Life was previously an iTunes exclusive, built into their Broken Bells LP interactive download.

A single-pocket jacket holds a 180 gram disc in plain white sleeve. Credits and download code are on the back of a small single-fold poster.  Artwork is by Danger Mouse fave Jacob Escobedo.

Broken Bells online& On facebook.

Broken Bells on Metacritic.

Danger Mouse online.

Jacob Escobedo online.

No comments: