October 22, 2012

Bonnie Raitt: Slipstream

2012 so far has provided with me so many new favorite albums, and this is one of them. Of Bonnie Raitt's catalog, I know 2 songs: Something To Talk About, and I Can't Make You Love Me. I didn't even care for the latter, having heard too many people cover it. While at Spoonful one day, looking for some kinda surprise in the Country section, Bonnie's colorful album cover demanded some attention. I started up iTunes on my iPhone for a sampling.. and with the first notes of the first song I said 'OH HELL YEAH!', clicked it off and grabbed the album.  When I got home I put disc one on, and Bonnie strutted right into my Blues-starved heart.




I'll be diving into Bonnie's back catalog soon, but for now this is a double 180 gram set in a beautifully colored gatefold with printed sleeves. No download or CD- but Bonnie belongs on a turntable anyway!

Bonnie Raitt online / On Facebook.
Slipstream on metacritic.