June 10, 2011

Watching free video channel The Cool TV, I had seen the My Body video by California's Young The Giant and wrote it down to check more into them.  I checked out some youtube videos, 90 second samples of their album on iTunes, nothing interested me so I chalked them up as Coldplay clones and moved on.

A couple weeks later while half paying attention to the local Saturday night concert show Promowest Live, their performance of Islands really grabbed my attention, and again I made a note to check into them more.  Browsing Spoonful, I saw their album, remembered I had liked something about them so I bought it instead of Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings latest.  When I put it on, I instantly fell in love with them, and later on I saw that I had made notes about them a couple of times.  I love when there is a moment of discover like that where you go 'Oh yeah...'


Nicely done double LP but sadly housed in a single jacket with a 2-sided insert and download code. Double LPs should always be in gatefolds. Hell, every album cover should be a gatefold!  You're going to pay for the artwork- so USE IT!  Just sayin'...

Young The Giant
Young The Giant @ MetaCritic

No comments: