August 11, 2011

My Morning Jacket: Z

My other new fave band, also playing catch-up with their back catalog after having mad love for Circuital.  I chose this one next because of the more electronic vibe, this being their best album cover, and because all the usual places I buy vinyl- online and off- are out of it, except this last copy at SoundStageDirect.com (back in stock now!).  Figured I better grab it in case it gets hard to find.

Z ranks as their most critically loved album as calculated by metacritic.com.  I like it even more than Circuital, which has been my favorite album of the year so far.




















Issued in '08, this set is on regular weight vinyl, in white sleeves, in a nice gatefold jacket. The included CD is in a generic CD sleeve and does not contain the DRM software the original CD did.  It also doesn't contain the bonus track Chills that closes out the end of the record- it's from the EP single Off The Record.

My Morning Jacket online.
And on facebook.

No comments: